RedShelf is a product-focused, education company that prides itself on having a fun and collaborative environment. Our team is passionate, growth-driven, and always goes the extra mile to deliver the best experience to our users. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing start-up with a proven track record of success.
The Full-Stack Developer is responsible for implementing features and educating others in your area of expertise while continuing to grow your own skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support your team in delivering well-written, well-tested code to complete new features or address issues in the product
- Collaborate with your team and your peers on the design, implementation, testing, and review of new features and fixes
- Review code and contribute feedback to improve the quality, readability, and testability of the code base within your team and area of expertise
- Strive to understand all aspects of RedShelf’s business to create a better product
- Support paying down technical debt and use development approaches that minimize the growth of new technical debt
- Mentor junior engineers
- Drive good engineering practices
- Support the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise
- Spread learning in your area of expertise
- Ensure that customer-facing UX is accessible for all supported devices and user accessibility needs (WCAG 2.0, Section 508, ADA, etc.)
- Use the Agile Scrum process to experiment and improve on software development practices on the team
- 2+ years of software development experience
- 1+ years of experience maintaining the front-end and back-end of a complex, product-focused codebase
- Proven track record of building successful full-stack applications, products or platforms
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience with Python and frameworks like Django is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a start-up environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possesses high energy and a passion for RedShelf
- Experience building ADA-compliant or WCAG 2.0-compliant interfaces
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth by providing the learning community with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. Our goal is to make course materials affordable and improve student interaction with their course content. We partner with 600+ education institutions and 1200+ higher education publishers to deliver a better, more affordable experience to students using our studying platform.
On top of our competitive compensation package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent onsite and offsite events including intramural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.