RedShelf is a product-focused, educational technology company that prides itself on positively impacting our marketplace, and having fun in a collaborative environment conducive to learning and growth. Our team is passionate, driven, and always focused on going the extra mile to deliver the best experience to our customers and partners. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing start-up with a well-proven track record of impact, growth, and success.
The Vice President of Campus Sales primary responsibilities are meeting and exceeding the revenue targets for our Campus Sales team, aggressively driving new and expanding existing business, and assisting in the development of the team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with COO to develop and implement sales and campus partnership strategies that meet or exceed the sales revenue goals of RedShelf and our investors.
- Successfully collaborate and achieve strategic alignment with all other RedShelf leaders and team members.
- Identify new business opportunities, participate in new business pitches, and coordinate the drafting of new business proposals for the Campus Sales team.
- Lead the development of the Campus Sales team - including Territory Sales Directors, Regional Sales Managers, and Account Management Team – by recruiting top talent, cultivating high functioning positive relationships, identifying training needs, delegating tasks appropriately, and coaching individuals to fulfill their potential.
- Manage Campus Sales team’s performance and costs to maintain high customer satisfaction while meeting or beating expense budgets.
- Organize and interpret data - both internal forecasting and external revenue analytics - to ensure that sales pipelines and strategic execution align to exceed revenue projections.
- Provide a positive, consultative experience for university bookstore and administrative partners that optimizes RedShelf’s campus relationships and maximizes our reach into the digital course materials marketplace.
- Manage and oversee the successful and efficient execution of all sales operations processes and projects, including deal tracking and customer relationship management, Inclusive Access installations and course launches, and campus store and administrative software integrations.
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
- Bachelor's degree and 7-10 years of progressive sales, business development, and successful sales management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Outstanding planning, leadership, project & time management, peer relationship, collaboration, analytical, business and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a concentration on Excel skills and CRM software.
- Ability to manage a large team and book of business.
- Available for travel (up to 40-50%) to campus partners, tradeshows, and company events.
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances, challenges, and opportunities inherent in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus.
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and SaaS sales in Higher Education.
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment.
- Leadership skills that foster staff development and team building.
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth by providing the learning community with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. Our goal is to make course materials affordable and improve student interaction with their course content. We partner with 600+ education institutions and 1200+ higher education publishers to deliver a better, more affordable experience to students using our studying platform.
On top of our competitive compensation package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent onsite and offsite events including intramural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.