RedShelf is an award-winning EdTech company focused on helping publishers, schools, and businesses transition effortlessly to more affordable and efficient digital textbooks and learning content. In addition to digitizing and distributing content from thousands of publishers and content providers, we offer an end-to-end software platform (our "Content Delivery System") that streamlines every step in the course material acquisition and distribution process.
We’ve become one of the nation’s fastest-growing companies because we’re a true “one-stop-shop," offering the most modern technology and unparalleled support to help our partners adapt and thrive in the digital age.
The Full Stack Engineer is responsible for delivering software that executes on product vision and business scalability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and enhance functionality critical to the success of the business
- Work as a team to deconstruct and tackle stories
- Provide an expert-level technical leadership to the individual contributors
- Serve as an SME for the technologies such as React and GraphQL
- Help lead the technical work estimates and work breakdown
- Take part in code reviews and Pool Requests
- Take on stories and drive them to completion with little to no oversight
- Advocate for paying down technical debt and use development approaches that minimize the growth of new technical debt
- Coach junior members of your team in software development best practices, architecture, technology and process
- Engage in the Agile Scrum to ensure your team is always experimenting and improving their development and planning practices
- Ensure that customer-facing UX is accessible to all supported devices and user accessibility needs (WCAG 2.0, Section 508, ADA, etc)
- Lead by example
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience developing the front-end and back-end of complex, product-focused codebases
- Real-world experience developing with Python, preferably with the Django framework
- Proven track record of building successful full-stack applications, products, or platforms
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience with Apollo and GraphQL
- Experience building ADA-compliant or WCAG 2.0-compliant interfaces
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possesses high energy and a passion for RedShelf’s mission
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.