RedShelf is a product-focused, education company that prides itself on having a fun and collaborative environment. Our team is passionate, growth-driven, and always goes the extra mile to deliver the best experience to our users. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing start-up but with a proven track record of success.
The Vice President of Marketing is responsible for leading the Marketing Department to design, implement and execute strategic marketing plans to support business objectives, lead acquisition, and advance RedShelf’s brand.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute RedShelf’s strategic marketing plan for full suite of educational technology products
- Develop insights and identify opportunities from market and competitive research
- Plan and execute well-performing product launches
- Identify challenges and emerging issues, recognize internal/external marketing opportunities and solutions, and define and execute appropriate strategies to support them
- Define campaign objectives and goals, marketing targets audience, messaging, marketing mix/tactics, metrics reporting, supporting sales and business objectives
- Provide guidance on trade show and event strategy
- Manage the internal marketing team and forecast additional hiring needs
- Design and review the marketing team’s budget
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple comprehensive strategic marketing projects concurrently to advance business objectives and goals while maintaining schedules and managing to budget targets
- 5+ years of experience in a senior management role either in-house or with an agency
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience in product marketing,
- Possesses a strong collaborative and team building attitude
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to present information to various levels within an organization, business partners, customer base and external vendors
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related field is required; Master’s degree in related field is preferred
- Experience using marketing automation platforms
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possesses high energy and a passion for RedShelf
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth by providing the learning community with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. Our goal is to make course materials affordable and improve student interaction with their course content. We partner with 600+ education institutions and 1200+ higher education publishers to deliver a better, more affordable experience to students using our studying platform.
On top of our competitive compensation package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent onsite and offsite events including intramural sports, happy hours, volunteer work, and more!
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.