RedShelf is a product-focused, education company that prides itself on having a fun and collaborative environment. Our team is passionate, growth-driven, and always goes the extra mile to deliver the best experience to our users. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing start-up but with a proven track record of success.
The Full Stack Developer is responsible for implementing features and paying down technical debt by planning and implementing strategies that execute on product vision and business scalability.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Constructively criticize the Agile Scrum practice each sprint to ensure your team is always experimenting and improving their development and planning practices
- Be an advocate for paying down technical debt and use development approaches that minimize the growth of new technical debt
- Coach junior members of your team in software development best practices and strategies to ensure they are continuously becoming better software developers
- Guide junior team members in architectural decisions and process decisions to help them make sound technical decisions; ensuring maintainability and well-thought-out architecture
- Ensure that customer-facing UX is accessible to all supported devices and user accessibility needs (WCAG 2.0, Section 508, ADA, etc.)
- Be a strong example for junior team members on development leadership and quality technical decision making
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience maintaining the front-end and back-end of complex, product-focused codebases.
- Proven track record of building successful full-stack applications, products, or platforms
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience building ADA-compliant or WCAG 2.0-compliant interfaces
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth by providing the learning community with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. Our goal is to make course materials affordable and improve student interaction with their course content. We partner with 600+ education institutions and 1200+ higher education publishers to deliver a better, more affordable experience to students using our studying platform.
On top of our competitive compensation package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent onsite and offsite events including intramural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.