RedShelf is a product-focused, education company that prides itself on having a fun and collaborative environment. Our team is passionate, growth-driven, and always goes the extra mile to deliver the best experience to our users. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing start-up but with a proven track record of success.
The Front-End Developer is responsible for implementing front-end features, improving the experience of users on our platform, and improving the maintainability of the front-end codebase.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver features, improvements, and refactoring projects for a large Ember.js code base
- Actively participate in the Agile Scrum practice each sprint by attending daily standups, project breakdown meetings, estimation meetings, and retrospective meetings
- Be an advocate for paying down technical debt and use development approaches that minimize the growth of new technical debt
- Coach junior members of your team in front-end development best practices and strategies to ensure they are continuously becoming better front-end developers
- Ensure that customer-facing UX is accessible to all supported devices and user accessibility needs (WCAG 2.0, Section 508, ADA, etc)
- Be a strong example for junior team members on development leadership and quality technical decision making
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience maintaining the front-end of a complex, product-focused codebase.
- Proven track record of building successful front-end applications, products, or platforms
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience working in the higher education and/or publishing
- Experience building ADA-compliant or WCAG 2.0-compliant interfaces
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth by providing the learning community with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. Our goal is to make course materials affordable and improve student interaction with their course content. We partner with 600+ education institutions and 1200+ higher education publishers to deliver a better, more affordable experience to students using our studying platform.
On top of our competitive compensation package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent onsite and offsite events including intramural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.