RedShelf is a product-focused, education company that prides itself on having a fun and collaborative environment. Our team is passionate, growth-driven, and always goes the extra mile to deliver the best experience to our users. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing start-up but with a proven track record of success.
The Customer Experience Specialist is responsible for RedShelf’s most important product: our customers’ experiences. Nobody reaches out to our team unless they’re having a problem — but through empathetic, personable and clear communication, CE Specialists turn these customers into impassioned promoters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Practice empathy and active listening with students, bookstore partners, and professors of all ages
- Address emails, phone calls, tweets and DMs through our CRM platform in a warm, personable and direct manner
- Typical multitasking includes: combing through our internal Wiki, communicating clearly with your team leads, logging bugs and feature requests…all while providing responsive support to the customer
- Morph internal data / industry jargon into fun and approachable communication
- Approach others with passion, curiosity and an assumption of positive intent
- Document escalated customer journeys in clear and concise records for warm hand-offs to internal and external teams
- Meet performance standards, including: confidentiality, security of information, response time metrics, and Net Promoter Score
- High emotional intelligence and empathy
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- 1+ year(s) service industry/support experience
- Exposure + comfortability with commercial technology (mobile devices, eReaders, etc) and business technology (collaboration tools, email, Excel)
- Multitasking without loss of quality or focus
- Cross-functional agility (does well on a team, does well on their own)
- Availability to work one of these schedules:
- 12p - 9p, Tues - Sat
- 11a - 8pm, Sat - Wed
- 9a - 6p, Mon - Fri
- Proven track record of discipline and integrity when working unsupervised/remote
- Some flexibility with schedule to meet seasonal changes in business needs
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Comfortable with learning through feedback + self-reflection
- Enjoys puzzles or strategy games
- Ability to express themselves warmly through email or text-based communication (involvement in online forums, communities, etc is a plus!)
- Experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth by providing the learning community with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. Our goal is to make course materials affordable and improve student interaction with their course content. We partner with 600+ education institutions and 1200+ higher education publishers to deliver a better, more affordable experience to students using our studying platform.
On top of our competitive compensation package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent onsite and offsite events including intramural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.