RedShelf is a product-focused, education company that prides itself on having a fun and collaborative environment. Our team is passionate, growth-driven, and always goes the extra mile to deliver the best experience to our users. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing start-up with a proven track record of success.
The Technical Lead is responsible for leading a team of developers to success by planning and implementing strategies that execute on product vision and business scalability. The role will require making tactical and strategic decisions that will ensure RedShelf's success in the Higher Education market while also getting your hands dirty by releasing code and collaborating closely with members of your development team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership to a team of developers
- Work in close collaboration with the Product Management team to create a product roadmap that minimizes development effort without sacrificing product vision
- Architect, design, develop, deploy, and operate services that serve hundreds of thousands of users
- Target a maintainable velocity to create a high-degree of confidence in committed timelines by the Development team
- Iterate on the Agile Scrum process each sprint to ensure your team is always experimenting and improving their development and planning practices
- Be an advocate for paying down technical debt and use development approaches that minimize the growth of new technical debt
- Spread learning across the organization related to your technical expertise or domain expertise
- Coach members of your team in software development best practices and strategies
- Guide your junior team members in architectural decisions and process decisions to help them make sound technical decisions; ensuring maintainability and well thought-out architecture
- Ensure that customer-facing UX is accessible for all supported devices and user accessibility needs (WCAG 2.0, Section 508, ADA, etc)
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 4+ years of experience building successful full-stack applications, products or platforms
- 2+ years of proven experience as a technical leader for a team, product or department
- Experience deploying and operating services on Linux with AWS
- Extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an Agile environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience with Python and frameworks like Django is a plus
- Experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a start-up environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possesses high energy and a passion for RedShelf
- Experience building ADA-compliant or WCAG 2.0-compliant interfaces
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth by providing the learning community with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. Our goal is to make course materials affordable and improve student interaction with their course content. We partner with 600+ education institutions and 1200+ higher education publishers to deliver a better, more affordable experience to students using our studying platform.
On top of our competitive compensation package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent onsite and offsite events including intramural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.