RedShelf is a product-focused, education company that prides itself on having a fun and collaborative environment. Our team is passionate, growth-driven, and always goes the extra mile to deliver the best experience to our users. We offer the excitement and opportunity of a young, fast-growing start-up but with a proven track record of success.
The QA Engineer is responsible for automating functionality to perform checks, exercising test best practices at the manual level, test planning, and additional assessments of our products and process to deliver the best software possible.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write automated tests using Python based on story acceptance criteria, collaborating with Development and Product teams
- Help Product define acceptance criteria, ensuring stories have testable artifacts
- Develop and execute pre-release test plans
- Manage defect documentation and tracking, resolution support, and bug fix verification
- Working with Development team to enhance and troubleshoot acceptance tests
- Working cross-departmentally with Customer Support and Product Teams to triage and troubleshoot issues and bugs
- Collaborate with developers/business analyst to design tests
- 3+ years of experience working in an exclusively QA role embedded in an Agile/Scrum team
- 2 years of automated test writing experience
- Experience designing and maintaining automated tests for whitebox and blackbox testing, executing REST API tests, Git (or other distributed control and source code management systems)
- Strong knowledge and significant experience using Selenium
- Experience managing test data
- Ability to identify relationships between a bug and the underlying code while anticipating potential problems and roadblocks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to present ideas and clearly outline potential issues
- Ability to work independently but willingness to ask questions to complete a task
- A strong desire to self-educate
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Jenkins, AWS, Docker
- Nose, pytest, Browserstack/SauceLabs
- Celery, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, Redis, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge and appreciation of the advances in higher educational software, course materials, and digital publishing is a plus
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
- Ideal candidate is self-sufficient and highly motivated, self-directed and possess high energy and a passion for RedShelf
Since inception, RedShelf has undergone tremendous growth by providing the learning community with the cutting-edge technology to transform education for future generations. Our goal is to make course materials affordable and improve student interaction with their course content. We partner with 600+ education institutions and 1200+ higher education publishers to deliver a better, more affordable experience to students using our studying platform.
On top of our competitive compensation package that includes company stock options, we offer an engaging office culture with frequent onsite and offsite events including intramural sports teams, happy hours, volunteer work, and more.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.